Next Steps: Refine and Deliver
In Phase 3, I ideated and generated potential solutions (What) for our users. In Phases 4 and 5, I'd expect to continue to refine and iterate through potential exercises like...
- Usability testing
- Additional critique
- Hi-Fi Mockups
- Setting UX KPIs
...just to name a few
- Expanding the scope
- The servers I interviewed mentioned patrons leaving feedback on receipts... it would be interesting to explore a receipt as the launching point for a patron leaving feedback, instead of a coaster. This approach, however, would require greater involvement from a restaurant, integration into a POS, so and on and so forth
- Expanding the scope, has the potential to benefit restaurants in tracking their servers' performance, perhaps enabling managers to leave feedback, etc.
- I struggled imagining what building on the patron side of the experience would look like; in other words, is there a reason to build out account capabilities for patrons and is there a way to incentivize them to continue to leave reviews for servers?
- Incentives might require restaurants rallying behind the app and offering discounts to users for their feedback (with hopes of increased patronage)
- Overall, it was difficult to narrow down the scope of the exercise to empower just servers, but I really enjoyed going through this process and have learned so much that will inform design challenges to come!